We are looking for an Optometric Technician to join our team! Please see the job description and a bit about us. If this fits what you are looking for, please send a letter of introduction and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
We are a private Optometric practice, located in Chesterfield Twp, (Just outside of New Baltimore). We have an extensive established patient base and continue to expand. We are known for providing thorough and comprehensive eye examinations, with a strong emphasis on excellence of care, in a comfortable and friendly environment. We are very proud of our service to patients and our level of professionalism.
In addition to eye examinations and our full range of optical services, we provide specialty contact lens fittings, and children’s eye care. Part of our practice is dedicated to Vision Therapy, with emphasis on visually related learning disorders.
We are well organized and efficient, while still maintaining a personal touch. All staff are well trained, with both in-office and out-of-office training provided. We are goal-oriented, with bonuses paid for achieving the practice and individual goals. We are open 4- 5 days per week, which typically incluides one Saturday each month, and one evening each week.
Purpose of the Optometric Technician:
The Optometric Technician performs pre-testing for examinations and office visits. The Optometric Technician also works with contact lens patients, including instructions on insertion and removal, as well as proper contact lens care and handling
- Positive, upbeat person
- Strong communication skills
- Friendly, able to put patients at ease; to give them the best experience possible
- Mature, calm, able to get things done
- Ability to handle a fast-paced patient flow, able to think on your feetPassionate about patient care and education
- Able to work well with the Doctor, Manager, and staff in the best interest of the practice and the patient.
- Preparing charts for the next day
- Chart filing
- Taking patient histories
- Pre-testing patients prior to seeing the doctor: This includes: history taking, retinal photography, visual field screening, color vision, depth perception, macular pigment analysis, blood pressure and visual acuities
- Preparing rooms, including keeping them well stocked with supplies, and keeping the instruments clean
- Instruct patients on contact lens insertion and removal, as well as lens care instructions.
- Maintain contact lens inventory
We have a family-oriented atmosphere with a great team, working together, to deliver high-quality eye care. We are looking for someone who wants to work hard and provide compassionate high-quality care to every patient.
Compensation is commensurate with talent and ability. Performance bonuses for high achievers.
If this sounds like what YOU are looking for, email your resume to the address listed. We look forward to hearing from you!