COVID-19 POLICY/PROCEDURES ON RE-OPENING
We are happy to announce that we will be seeing patients in our office again beginning June 2nd! We miss you and will be very happy to be able to see you and your family again!!
During this difficult time, we have made adjustments to our services to ensure the health and safety of our patients and our staff.
Although things may look different, providing excellent eye care in a healthy environment is our primary goal.
- ALL patient encounters will be by appointment. Walk-ins will not be allowed.
- Your temperature will be taken before entering the building.
- All persons entering the office will be pre-screened. Questions will be asked regarding recent cold/flu symptoms; recent contact with someone diagnosed with COVID-19.
- Patients may be asked to wait in their car for their appointment, depending on how many people are in the practice at any given time (as we are adhering to social distancing guidelines).
- We may ask you to leave the office if you show flu-like signs, cold/fever, or coughing
- Meet patients at the door (sidewalk delivery)
- All patients must be wearing a mask according to state/CDC guidelines. Children under the age of 2 are not required to wear a mask.
- We will send pre-appointment forms to your email, which must be completed prior to your visit. If it is not possible to complete these forms prior to your visit, please arrive 20 minutes early and you may complete them in your car, or your appointment may be rescheduled.
- Office doors are locked. Upon arrival, call/text the office and wait in your car. Our staff will then instruct you.
Steps the Practice is Taking
- Appointment times will be spaced further apart to ensure social distancing.
- Hand sanitation stations are available at the entrance and throughout the practice
- All of our staff and doctors will be wearing appropriate Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) including gloves, masks and face-shields
- Each pre-testing and examination rooms are disinfected after every patient exam, including all surfaces, instrumentation, door handles, and equipment.
- We will disinfect frames after a patient has contact with them.
- Regularly cleaning and disinfecting railings, door handles, counters, reception room areas, and all spaces where public interaction occurs.
- Limiting the number of patients in the office or any area at one time
- The exam room and pretesting instruments will be disinfected after every patient.
- We will be aware of common “touch points” within the clinic such as doorknobs, counters, keyboard, phones, credit card machines, pens, etc… and will be disinfecting these as often as possible
- All reading material has been removed from the waiting area.
- Deep cleaning at the end of each day
- We will disinfect pens that are touched by patients.
- With concern for your safety and in compliance with state and CDC guidelines, our staff will also be screened prior to their shifts, will be wearing face protection, and gloves (where appropriate). Also, we are exercising stringent disinfection procedures for our equipment and office surfaces.